NOTICE OF TEMPORARY CLOSURE UNTIL FURTHER
We know trust is earned, and we’ve worked hard for 15 years to create safe and authentic travel experiences in Park City’s unique mountain environment. The COVID-19 pandemic and Summit County Health Department has forced Park City into unprecedented circumstances for the foreseeable future.
We are taking the following actions to address these unprecedented circumstances with a focus on (i) protecting the safety and well-being of our valued guests and employees, and (ii) following and supporting local health officials and government leaders in the effort to contain COVID-19:
- TEMPORARY CLOSURE: Effective Saturday, March 28, 2020, effective 11:59 pm MDT the Newpark Resort is implementing a temporary closure, a reduction to Minimum Basic Operations and we furloughed certain nonessential positions until further notice. An official reopen for Newpark Resort date isn’t known at this time, but we will be evaluating the situation each week;
- STAY AT HOME: Everyone is to stay at home in their residences and avoid travel. We are requiring nonessential employees to stay home and we support remote-work capacity for many employees; and
- EASING THE BURDEN: Utilizing our employee hardship fund and Unemployment Insurance to support our dedicated employees and their families during these difficult times.
- Right or wrong, our entrepreneurial spirit has resolved that a roadblock to our future success will not be an unwillingness to make sacrifices in the present.
Thank you for being a loyal guest – we are grateful for your past and future patronage! We are confident in our ability to provide the safe and exceptional experience you have come to trust at Newpark Resort.
Chris Eggleton, General Manager
(435) 658-6006 | email@example.com
UPDATE: March 16, 2020
Today, as a result of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we are faced with an unavoidable disruption to delivering our usual travel experiences.
We've decided to close Newpark Resort for all guest arrivals effective March 18, 2020 through March 31, 2020 in an effort to reduce the Community Spread of the COVID-19 virus. The length of the closure will be re-evaluated next week, but may extend to coincide with the Public Health Order which is currently planned through April 16, 2020.
We’re all living in extraordinary times and learning more about COVID-19 every day. Taking care of people is incredibly important to all of us at Newpark Resort. We feel it's important for our employees and guests to be able to stay home to protect their health and support their family, friends and loved ones.
Further, guests should be advised that the Public Health Order requires the immediate closure to members, guests, patrons, customers, and the general public of the following businesses (among many others) to reduce the likelihood of Community Spread:
- all restaurants, coffee/tea shops, employee cafeterias, self-serve buffets, salad bars, unpackaged self-serve food services, bars, taverns, nightclubs, private liquor clubs, and saloons in Summit County shall immediately close to members, guests, patrons, customers, and the general public; and
- all ski and other recreational resorts, including but not limited to Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort, Park City Resort at the Canyons Village, Utah Olympic Park and Woodward Park City.
As a result of the unprecedented circumstances, we are revising our cancellation policy so that all existing reservations (including 3rd parties) booked prior to today for stay dates between today and April 30th are 100% refundable with no cancellation fee.
As we will remain open to service guests already staying with us, you should know we have taken the following actions to focus on (i) protecting the safety and well-being of our valued guests and employees, and (ii) following and supporting local health officials and government leaders in the effort to contain COVID-19:
- increasing cleaning and sanitizing frequencies for our guest rooms and hotel/resort public areas;
- we have closed all areas that could lead to congregation, including the conference areas, pool and hot tub, fitness center, and encouraging strict social distancing in the lobby;
- implementing new policies, investing in protective supplies, and educating our employees in best practices to create a clean and safe environment for themselves and guests;
- requiring any employees who appear symptomatic to stay home;
- supporting remote-work capacity for many employees; and
Thank you for being a loyal guest – we are grateful for your past and future patronage! We are confident in our ability to provide the safe and exceptional experience you have come to trust at Newpark Resort and that when COVID-19passes – and it will – we will still be your preferred destination for immersive and memorable travel experiences in Park City.
UPDATE: March 14, 2020
We understand that it may be difficult for guests to plan travel at this moment and we want current and future guests to make decisions with confidence. This is why we have implemented a flexible cancellation policy effective immediately:
ALL RESERVATIONS: All existing reservations (including 3rd parties*) booked prior to today for stay dates between today and April 30th are 100% refundable with no cancellation fee.
- If you have a current reservation booked directly with Newpark Resort, our team will work with you directly in canceling or rescheduling your visit and will provide refunds or. We are experiencing heavy call and email appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.
- If you have booked with a 3rd party, we are working with 3rd parties to enable them to expedite your cancellation, but guests will need to initiate the cancellation with the 3rd party.
If you would like to cancel, modify or change your reservation please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call us at (435) 649-3600, option #1. To allow us to focus on assisting those customers with immediate travel, we are asking those who do not have travel in the next 72 hours to wait and contact us closer to your trip. Due to the higher than usual volume of changes, customers are experiencing delays, and we recognize that this is frustrating. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation.